Four Strong Winds
Western Canadian Roots
Hi Friends, unfortunately Valley FM, here in Vernon, BC is still not on-air. However, the dream of having a community radio station here in Vernon, is still alive, and I am hopeful that it will be running before too long. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, I will leave my first recorded show up here for your listening pleasure. Cheers!
Four Strong Winds is an hour of Western Canadian Roots Music with your host, Marv Machura.
This show is all about music from established, legacy, and emerging recording artists who can all fit under the big festival tent and wonderful sounds of “Western Canadian Roots Music!”
Marv Machura is a singer, songwriter, performer, and band leader who has been an active part of the Western Canadian Roots music scene since it started to develop in the 1980s with the release of Ian Tyson’s “Alberta’s Child.” He continues to write, record, and perform music from his home in Vernon, British Columbia and is glad to be part of the new community radio station 97.9 Valley FM, Vernon.
- Four Strong Winds, Ian Tyson (3:37)
- High Rider, Diamon Joe White (3:57)
- The Spirit Sings, Laura Vinson (5:31)
- 26 Ounces of Gin, Derrek Anderson (4:43)
- Hair in My Eyes Like a Highland Steer, Corb Lund (2:56)
- He Stopped Loving Her Today, Kyle McKearney (4:22)
- Run Boys Run, Adrian, Buckaroo Girl (4:23)
- Buffalo Ground, Great Western Orchestra (3:51)
- Alberta’s Child, Ian Tyson (3:39)
- CN Grain Train, Marv Machura (3:40)
- Could I Be Your Girl?, Jann Arden (4:48)
- A Case of You, Jonnie Mitch (5:12)
- When We Were Spies, Ann Vriend (3:43)
- The Beat Goes On, Myrol, (close out)